Chef Vincent Tournayre presents a new dessert recipe based on Eucalyptus honey: Breton shortbread with pears and lime.
For the shortbread
- 180g softened butter
- 150g of sugar
- 10g of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 250g of flour
- 5 g of Chemical Yeast
- 20g of Maquis honey
- 200g of 35% cream
- 20g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10g of Madagascar Eucalyptus honey
- 2 pears
- 1 lime
Madagascar Eucalyptus honey has a real nutty / caramelized side.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C
- Place all the dry food in a bowl.
- Add the butter
- Mix by hand until a homogeneous paste is obtained
- Flour the work surface. Roll out the dough with the rolling pin. It should be about 1.5 cm thick
- Cut out the circles 7 cm in diameter
- Bake at 170 ° C for 12 minutes
Preparation of the filling
- Whip the whipped cream and keep cool
- Cut the pears into thin wedges
- Mix lemon juice with a teaspoon of eucalyptus honey
- Insert the pears
- Soak the pears
- Draw up
Voila for this extremely delicate and delicious honey recipe.
- Starter : Beets, fresh sheep, honey vinegar and pollen
- Main course : Peking duck with honey