Sourcing of the best honeys
Rémi Porthault, founder of the brand, has been traveling the planet for years in search of the best honeys. Over time, he has forged strong links with the most qualitative beekeepers. He thus ensures the exclusive sourcing of the best wines for Miel Factory.
In France, he scours the countryside to help us discover the honeys of Ariège Pyrenees Rhododendron, of Gers carrot and so much others. Abroad, he embarks on a gastronomic tour of the most unknown honeys: the Brazilian coffee treel, the Lychee from Madagascar or even the Honey d'Ulmo from Patagonia.
Honey and gastronomy are inseparable for him: as when tasting a wine, the honey delivers all the characteristics of its origins, identifiable by their colors, their flavors and tastes.
Miel Factory has contributed, since its creation, to the emergence of a new honey sector, respectful of beekeepers, nature and consumers.
Hand in hand with beekeepers
Beekeeping is in great difficulty because of climate change, pesticides, diseases and new predators, such as the Asian hornet. In order to cope, the beekeeper must engage technical and human resources that greatly increase operating costs of his apiary.
These are the reasons why we buy our honey at the beekeeper's price, without negotiation on rates, so as not to put his company in difficulty. Our honeys come from mainly small farms with which we forge close and lasting ties.
Our commitments for a sustainable industry
- Foster quality, traceability and preservation of beekeeping heritage through prizes high purchase prices compared to market prices.
- Maintain a continuous, direct and trusting relationship with “our” beekeepers.
- To optimise our volumes with our historical beekeepers in order to create strong links and their provide visibility in terms of qualitative and quantitative development.
- Promote beekeeping that respects the bee, the environment and the consumers.
- Sustain the association land of bees, which acts at the national, European and international level to the protection of bees and other wild pollinating insects.
We guarantee the quality of our honeys by ensuring that each of them has been carefully analyzed in a specialized laboratory so that the following points are validated:
- No trace of adulteration of honey by various artificial sugars.
- No trace in honey, antibiotics or other drugs to treat bees.
- No trace of pesticides in the honey.
- Humidity level less than or equal to 20% in order to optimize the conservation of honey.
- The variety of honey must correspond to its pollen composition.
Our range of organic honeys
Miel Factory offers you a collection of honeys and Organic Products, harvested using methods beekeeping meeting the specifications of organic certification. They are subject to numerous checks (origin of honey, foraging area, maintenance and materials of apiaries, bee care, harvesting, extraction and packaging of honey, etc.).
Discover our honeys
A collection of more than 50 honeys, sourced with the greatest care, to guarantee you a purity and an incomparable quality.All our honeys